Climate change is a very serious issue, and we know that we have a role to play in being part of the solution.
Our sustainability journey started many years ago, and we’re proud to say that we’ve already achieved key milestones we put in place for our business. Since 2015, we’ve reduced the carbon footprint of every one of our meals by 40% and donated over 2 million meals to local charities through our No Chuckin’ Our Chicken program.
However, we know that there’s a lot more to do in order to become a truly sustainable business.
Our new commitment to fighting climate change, which has been approved and validated by the international Science Based Targets initiative, is to reduce absolute scope 1 and 2 GHG emission 100% by 2030 from a 2019 base year. Nando’s also commits to reduce scope 3 emissions 42% per meal by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
We’ve created these commitments in line with the latest updates from climate science, stating what is needed by us in order to prevent the worst impact of climate change.
In order to achieve our commitments, we’ve set out the following goals:
- Achieving 100% renewable energy by 2022
- Supporting Nando’s suppliers to reduce their own carbon footprint
- Increasing plant-based menu offer
- Building new and existing partnerships to influence wider industry change
- Committing to transparent Science Based Target reporting.